Sometimes there are children here in our own communities who have faced difficult situations and could benefit from tangible items that other community members are in a position to fill. But the challenge of connecting those needs with people in a position to help is no easy task, and as a consequence those needs go unfulfilled.
That’s where Realities for Children’s (RFC) KindConnect project is looking to make a difference. KindConnect is a website designed to be the connection of kindness in Larimer County between the item needs of children who have been abused, neglected, or at are at-risk with community members that have the items they need.
The platform allows caseworkers and staff of Realities for Children’s 38 Partner Youth Agencies to connect real time needs to those interested in helping the children and families to whom they provide services.
Craig Secher of Realities for Children says, KindConnect is “now in the key stage of populating this item donor network so that we can achieve the call of having some in network that has the item that a child or family may need…This is a very exciting resource that I believe within a year could have a tremendous reach of service.”
In order for KindConnect to reach its goals, they need help in the following areas:
- Prayers that this resource will “hit the mark” quickly.
- Prayers that Realities for Children families, children and caregivers will know they are not alone.
- People willing to go through the background checks and training necessary to be the feet on the ground as delivery team members.
- Donors willing to sign up for notifications of requests for items.
- People willing to spread the word about this vital resource.
To find out more about Realities for Children and their KindConnect resource, please visit: www.RFCKindConnect.org
Realities for Children has also produced multiple tutorial videos to help explain how to sign up:
To become a donor who receives periodic notifications of needs:
Or to make a one-time donation: